Skip to main content

Ceithernach(Kerns) with handguns

I have made a start on my Kerns with handguns, as well as some with bows.


These are all Perry's. I am fairly happy with the result, although I am not too pleased with the eyes. I have invested in some finer detail brushes and will re do them. I am also for the next batch going to tone down the glossiness. This was due to the application of numerous watered down lairs which I did to achieve layers of contrast for the saffron leine garments most Kerns wear.


I hope to bring you some more Gaelic units soon. I will also be showcasing the beginnings of my Marines Errant Chapter of Adeptus Astartes for those of you interested in Warhammer 40k soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Isles Gallowglass

Hello all, I received some Isles Gallowglass and command a few months back. I finally got around to painting the fitst group. At the time of ordering one set of Gallowglass as well as the second command set were unavailable on the site which was a shame. I will order them in the future im sure. I am really fond of these and they were a joy to paint. They are slighter than the Perry Gallowglass, although not overly so. Their dress and armament is I think of an earlier period than mid to late 16th Century, however should be fine for earlier 16th Century force compositions( my plan is to build both a Gaelic and Tudor force capable of fielding Nine Years war forces as well as the fifty odd years or so before hand). I got along with these  a few of the Antediluvian Highland bowmen which I will be using as Redshanks with bows, even if they have swords and axes slung across their backs....

It has been a while, COVID-19.

Greetings all. For those of you, friends etc who know me personally and follow this blog you will already know that due to my job as a frontline Health care worker I have been extremely busy working 36 hour and even 72 hour frontline shifts. For those of you in Internet land, that is why I have not had the chance to continue my current projects. I have managed to paint up my first few WW2 American Airborne from Warlord. I will eventually get around to the huge pile of Redshanks and Galloglaigh on my table. In the meantime here are those Americans.

"From the plains of Royal Meath"

So despite the song lyrics my new terrain is neither representative of plains, nor of the terrain of Meath. It is however closer to the mountain valleys of the Wicklow Mountains. When I envisaged and planned my table I initially wanted terrain suitable for playing the Battle of Glenmalure, a battle that itself has a catchy(cringy perhaps) patriotic song written for it. As the project evolved my focus moved to later in the century and farther north to Ulster. Either way the table will I hope work whether I am representing the battles of Fiach McHugh O'Byrne or O'Neill and O'Donnell. The various sections can be moved around to get different combinations of battlefield and needless to say it is a work in progress. I hope to add the remaining sections to fill out the entire table and to add some 16th Century or earlier buildings. Earlier buildings with some weathering should work perfectly and will be also be of utility for my future Normans/Edward...